Building superintendent job description
Job purpose of Building superintendent is to assist in the development of a preventative maintenance plan, and will perform electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general carpentry work.
Key duties/responsibilities of Building superintendent:
1. Collect rents on the first day of each and every month and maintain rental journal/black book indicating tenant and rental particulars so as to determine what rents are outstanding and require follow-up.
2. Maintain the rent journal, rent collections, delivery of renewal letters and notices, maintain parking lists and complete bi-monthly inspections of vacant spots, completion and return of Purchase Orders, packing and delivery slips to the Property Manager, issue and respond to tenants’ request for repairs on our standard form.
3. Whole building grounds and common areas are to be kept in a clean and neat condition. Routine daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are to be carried out as per your specific job description for the building and/or as per instructions by the Property Manager.
4. Minor and routine repairs and maintenance, both in the suite and interior and exterior, are the responsibility of the Superintendent.
5. It is the Superintendent’s responsibility to ensure that all building garbage and recyclables are placed for pick-up at the appropriate times and days.
6. All entrances, paths, sidewalks and stairways must be kept completely clear of snow and ice.
7. Prepare vacant units for re-renting
8. Maintain inspection logs for standpipe/sprinkler, maintenance logs and all federal, state and city regulations
9. Carry out and oversee preventative maintenance program throughout building
10. Carry out repairs as necessary to maintain building
11. Assist in the overseeing of work order system
12. Coordinate building maintenance systems with contractors and supervisors
13. Perform daily, weekly and monthly inspections of all common areas throughout building
14. Supervise building maintenance and housekeeping staff
15. Respond to emergency calls and rectify existing condition
Related Building documents:
• Building superintendent job specification
• Building job descriptions
• Building interview questions
• Building resumes
• Building cover letters
• Construction job descriptions
• Construction job specifications
• Construction interview questions