Building maintenance manager job description
Job purpose of Building maintenance manager is to handles maintenance of facilities and equipment, including preventive maintenance and urgent repair needs. Supervises staff members in housekeeping, maintenance and grounds keeping. Completes a variety of remodeling tasks. Provides counsel to management regarding facility issues. Handles and/or supervises snow removal and landscaping. Has on-call responsibility to respond to off-hours facility emergencies.
Key duties/responsibilities of Building maintenance manager:
1. Responds to emergency requests for facility and equipment repairs.
2. Oversees clearing of snow and ice from parking lots, entrances and sidewalks. Makes sure property is kept safe for pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
3. Maintains and repairs snow removal and lawn care equipment.
4. Maintains boiler and related infrastructure. Performs required tests and keeps required logs.
5. Keeps building plans and blueprints filed in proper order.
6. Makes sure tools and equipment are properly organized and stored.
7. Tracks facility work projects both unfinished and completed.
8. Maintains, orders and picks up the appropriate supplies needed for repairs and renovations and janitorial work.
9. Requests, assembles and analyzes contract bids. Submits bids and recommendations to Facility Director for action.
10. Tracks facility repair and utility costs with spreadsheets and graphs. Evaluates and submits cost reduction ideas to Facility Director.
11. Oversees contractor repairs as needed.
12. Inspects and repairs restrooms as needed.
13. Performs mandatory safety tests. Makes sure necessary safety inspections by outside contractors are completed as required. Maintains proper records.
14. Develops and implements computerized preventive maintenance schedules.
15. Maintains repair records and prepares related reports.
16. Creates project time lines and researches expected costs.
17. Performs equipment and facility repairs as needed.
18. Maintains and repairs company vehicles.
19. Makes sure all maintenance work areas are clean and organized.
20. Supervises housekeeping staff to ensure that buildings are kept clean and maintained, both interior and exterior.
21. Makes sure carpets and tile floors are properly maintained
22. Maintains computerized housekeeping check lists.
23. Orders supplies and ensures that supply closets are stocked.
24. Maintains, repairs and stores cleaning equipment.
25. Oversees and participates in painting, remodeling, and building repairs.
26. Maintains a property list of tools and equipment.
Related Building documents:
• Building maintenance manager job specification
• Building job descriptions
• Building interview questions
• Building resumes
• Building cover letters
• Construction job descriptions
• Construction job specifications
• Construction interview questions