Bell captain job description
Job purpose of Bell Captain is responsible for: supervision and training of bell, door, and driver associates; ensuring that all procedures are performed to high standards; performance of the daily responsibilities of these positions; and assisting where necessary to ensure optimum service to our guests and visitors.
Key duties/responsibilities of bell captain:
1. Ensure all deliveries are recorded and fairly distributed among the staff. Make sure all paperwork is completed and in order for the deliveries. Deliveries must be completed in a proper, courteous and timely manner.
2. Comply with specific Resort pricing, commission and gratuity policies relative to the position.
3. Communicate important information to bell staff relative to all groups and anything related to the daily operations of the area.
4. Ensure the Holding Rooms, Brass Racks, and handcarts are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis.
5. Assist guests with transportation needs via radio communication with our transportation team.
6. Maintain an un-biased, pro-active and positive attitude while dealing with staff members and while in guest contact areas.
7. Ensure your areas are kept clean and stocked with supplies at all times, including public spaces.
8. Assist other departments as needed (i.e. housekeeping, valet, merchandise, Business-Center, etc.)
9. Maintain a safe working environment. Report and correct if possible, any unsafe acts or conditions.
10. Answer and assist with inquiries, in person and on the phone, providing information on the Resort and local area to guests. Market and up-sell Resort rooms, facilities, and amenities whenever possible.
11. Ensure entire Bell Staff is adhering to Resort and departmental policies at all times. Take disciplinary action if necessary.
12. All Captains will be cross-trained in all aspects of the job.
13. Schedule the weekly bell desk staff operation as well as breaks and lunches. When possible ensure Bellmen/Villa Bellmen are dismissed on time.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.