Bar manager job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Bar manager position.
You also ref top job materials for Bar manager as below (at the end of this post):
• Top 16 bar job descriptions
• Top 9 skills for bar positions
• Top 12 books for bar management
• 61 bar interview questions
Key duties/responsibilities of Bar manager
You can ref some job descriptions for Bar manager as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Bar Supervision:
• To set good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
• To liase with the Human Resources Manager regarding
recruitment needs, and to carry out interviews as required.
• To train new staff in methods and procedures.
• To implement Grievance and Disciplinary procedures where necessary, and report all serious breaches of discipline to Operations Manager, General Manager.
• To promote and practice relevant health and safety and fire safety standards.
• To provide induction training for new staff, and complete Skills Checklists within their first month of employment.
• To assess training needs and provide relevant training.
• To hold regular departmental meetings.
• To direct, control and organize the assistant bar manager and all staff within your direct span of control and to ensure that the required standards are achieved and maintained.
• To advise staff of unavailability, composition of dishes, information relation to drinks, wines, etc., and any other relevant information in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Bar.
2. Bar Productivity:
• To carry out ordering of supplies as and when necessary.
• To carry out accurate cash-up procedures at end of night.
• To liase with HODs of Kitchen and other Departments regarding procedures, service, etc.
• To be informed and aware of all relevant legislation regarding service of liquor, the sale of tobacco, opening hours, etc.
• To be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the hotel.
• To communicate regularly and efficiently with Assistant Bar Manager and HODs
• To constantly strive to improve the standards of hygiene and service throughout the bar.
• To maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work methods and systems.
• To prepare and issue, according to bar practice, staff rotas which will provide adequate cover in the most effective manner.
3. Cost Control of Bar:
• To ensure all deliveries are checked in correctly and that all relevant delivery dockets/ invoices are correct.
• To ensure that all services delivered within the bar operation are being charged for correctly by
• To continually monitor three beverage stock items per week, and communicate any shortages to the General Manager.
• To practice economy and to minimize any incorrect usage of any resources with particular attention given to achieving G.P %/Labor % and minimizing variable expenses.
• To regularly price check all beverage items bought for the operation, to ensure that we are buying at the best prices available.
4. Quality of Bar Service:
• To satisfy all customer requirements by ensuring that the service is constantly maintained at a consistently high standard with particular focus on regular clientele in the Public Bar.
5. Bar hygiene:
• To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
• To maintain the required standards of operational hygiene according to the cleaning rotas at all times.
Job description sample 2
1. Working with Beverage Director to hire, train, and manage bartenders and bar backs
2. Meeting or exceeding cost of goods goals for beverage program
3. Weekly invoice input, inventory counting and input, use of RSI accounting software
4. Writing schedules for bartenders and bar backs
5. Purchasing spirits, beer, wine, NA beverages, and bar consumables
6. General maintenance and cleanliness of bars, beer coolers, and liquor storage
7. Weekly communication and reporting to Beverage Director
8. Representing company in local events
9. Aloha POS programming and maintenance
10. RSI accounting software programming and maintenance
11. Beverage Menu formatting and printing
Job description sample 3
1. Creating a fun environment every day for guests and employees
2. Driving Sales through service, quality drinks and amazing food
3. Motivating the staff, developing people and creating challenges for them
4. Ordering and Inventories
5. Assistance with booking bands and entertainment
6. Must have basic bar and security knowledge
7. Must possess knowledge of P&L
Tips to write Bar manager job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Bar manager daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Bar manager KPIs, Bar manager KRAs, Bar manager job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Bar manager qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Bar manager ) to determine job criteria for Bar manager position. Bar manager’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Bar manager qualifications:
1. 24 years managing a Full Service Restaurant as a Bar Manager
2. Strong People Oriented Leadership skills
3. Ability to lead and develop a high performing restaurant team.
4. Desire for personal and professional growth
5. Demonstrated restaurant operations experience.
6. Ability to interview, hire and train other employees.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively drive sales and profits.
8. Ability to drive initiatives to increase brand loyalty
9. Proven success of building and cultivating strong positive working relationships
Bar manager career advice
Below are top useful guides for Bar manager career:
• Top 9 skills for bar management positions
• Top 12 books for bar management management
• Top 16 bar job descriptions
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 16 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Bar manager job search tips
Below are top materials for Bar manager job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 61 bar interview questions
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Bar manager performance appraisal
• Baring management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Bar manager performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Bar management KRAs/scorecard
Bar manager wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Bar manager wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: bar, club, coffee, hotel, cocktail, golf club, football club, front of house, pool, restaurant, sports, theatre…
If you need more free Bar manager job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.