Banquet supervisor job description
Job purpose of Banquet supervisor is to lead Banquet team in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
Key duties/responsibilities of Banquet supervisor:
1. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
2. Recap all banquet checks at end of each day and turn in to Night Audit.
3. Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be served.
4. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
5. Check server and house person Banquet Event Orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
6. Check room set-up to see that Banquet Event Orders directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
7. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout function.
8. Communicate all Banquet Event Orders changes to catering office and affected departments.
9. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
10. Operate as a banquet server; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.