Banquet job descriptions
1. Job description types of Banquet department
2. Basic functions of Banquet positions
• Prepares banquet checks at the end of all functions ensuring accuracy. Presents all banquet checks to the group contact with a review and explanation of all charges and secures signature from contact.
• Conducts regular walk-through to ensure that all function area and back-of-house areas are clean and maintenance are at required standards.
• Ensuring hotel service standards and procedures are followed throughout the banquet department.
• Ensuring the satisfaction of all banquet guests to drive repeat business.
• Ensures that all meeting rooms are set up with proper amenities and that all function rooms are cleaned, refreshed, and/or reset during function breaks.
• Administrative duties; including: weekly schedule and payroll reports, BEO maintenance and organization, and banquet function-billing procedures
• Confers with all wait and bartender staff of the function on any last minute arrangements, coordinates with the kitchen in providing for extra or decreased number of covers, when necessary and accommodates guests’ needs efficiently to ensure complete satisfaction.