Bank clerk job description include key duties/responsibilities:
1. Recording interest owed to saving accounts customers and interest owed to the bank from loans and other investments.
2. Recording and organizing loan information.
3. Preparing the monthly balance sheets of checking account customers.
4. Working on international accounts, translating foreign currency into Pounds Sterling and vice versa.
5. Recording, filing and looking after stocks, bonds and other investment documents.
6. Taking care of records for each customer’s account.
Related bank documents
• All Bank KPIs (used to measure all bank jobs performance).
• All bank job descriptions
• All bank interview questions
• Bank cover letters
• All samples of Bank resumes
• Bank career ebooks
• Bank assistant brand manager job description
• Bank auditor job description
• Bank assistant manager job description
• Bank associate job description
• Bank assistant job description
• Bank analyst job description
• Bank administrator job description
• Bank administrative assistant job description
• Bank account manager job description
• Bank manager job description
• Bank security job description
• Bank wire transfer clerk job description
• Bank teller job description
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/