Administrative specialist job description
Job purpose of Administrative specialist
To provides technical and administrative support to the Chief Safety Officer and the Safety Division as directed. This position develops, maintains and uses database and organizational tools to track and manage safety records; researches industry best practices and gathers information to aid in identifying and mitigating hazards.
Key duties/responsibilities of Administrative specialist:
1. Respond to and initiate inquiries (questions regarding purchasing, personnel, facilities, administration, specialized programs, etc.). Explain policies, answer questions, and independently resolve problems whenever feasible.
2. Coordinate responses to data requests from internal and external auditors and customers.
3. Assist with grant proposals and serve as a resource for information related to the administration of grants and contracts.
4. Monitor and collect metrics across the Contracts organization and develop reports for senior management
5. Create and format documents electronically including letters, memos, status reports, presentations (Power Point), spreadsheets (Excel), and other related documents.
6. Prepare presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements.
7. Resolves scheduling and process problems by collecting and analyzing information; coordinating solutions.
8. Establish processes and schedules to ensure all required submissions are made accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Compose and/or prepare correspondence, memoranda, promotional materials, forms, newsletters, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools. Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
10. Plan and establish master schedule for gate reviews, coordinating with stakeholders to ensure experts are invited and reviews are conducted, approved and documented.
11. Track actions and progress resulting from gate reviews and maintain all documentation.
12. Plan, prioritize and schedule meetings and appointments for Directors and other management. Make decisions on a daily basis regarding calendars.
Related administrative documents
• All Administrative KPIs (used to measure all admin job performance).
• All Administrative job descriptions
• Administrative interview questions
• Administrative career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related administrative/office/recretary career…)
• Administration manager job description
• Administrative associate job description
• Administrative clerk job description
• Administrative coordinator job description
• Administrative officer job description
• Administrative VP job description
• Chief administrative officer job description
• Administrative director job description
• Administrative supervisor job description
• Administrative assistant job description
• Administrative executive job description
• Secretary job description
• Receptionist job description