Administrative clerk job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Administrative clerk.
Job purpose of Administrative clerk
To provide administrative support to our center. This position will initiate and coordinate the clerical functions required in effective implementation of administrative policies of the company program.
Key duties/responsibilities of Administrative clerk:
1. Ask for additional business from customers, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities.
2. May reconcile cash and checks collected and prepare deposits.
3. Maintain the confidentiality of correspondence, documents, discussions, meetings and telephone calls.
4. Oversee the operation of various office machines to include copier, computer, fax, phone and mail machine.
5. Administer freight pick-up process, as required.
6. Design and edit drafts of correspondence, reports, forms, charts, memos, and other documents, as needed.
7. Manage inventory of office supplies and initiate orders.
8. Perform overage, shortage and damage (OS&D) functions, as required.
9. Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
10. Perform data entry for special on-going projects.
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
12. Communicate with sales and operations.
13. Assist customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs and/or status and respond to billing questions.
14. Perform daily clerical duties such as answering and screening telephone calls; taking messages; sorting and distributing incoming mail and faxes; copying and collating; and other routine duties necessary to assist senior personnel and departmental management.
15. Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to; filing, answering phones, imaging.
16. Verify and complete required documentation and reports, including but not limited to; productivity information.
Related administrative documents
• All Administrative KPIs (used to measure all admin job performance).
• All Administrative job descriptions
• Administrative interview questions
• Administrative career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related administrative/office/recretary career…)
• Administration manager job description
• Administrative associate job description
• Administrative coordinator job description
• Administrative officer job description
• Administrative VP job description
• Chief administrative officer job description
• Administrative specialist job description
• Administrative director job description
• Administrative supervisor job description
• Administrative assistant job description
• Administrative executive job description
• Secretary job description
• Receptionist job description