Top 61 accounting interview questions
Common interview questions
Please click links below for answer samples and tips:
Accounts payable interview questions
8. What do you mean by price variation in Purchase Invoice?
9. How to account freight cost, handling charges, purchase tax at the time of raising a Purchase Order?
10. What is a Non-PO Invoice?
11. What is a tolerance limit with respect to invoice processing?
12. What is debit and credit from the banks point of view?
13. In the invoice, the value of the tax code is not present but in the idoc the value of the tax code is present. How to populate it in the invoice using the IDOC?
14. Please explain end to end process of accounts payable?
15. What is a Work flow? And take Retail shop as example and explain the Work flow of the Retail shop?
16. What is the difference between Payments-Liquidation(Disbursements) & Dividend Warrants Liquidation?
17. What are the steps involved in finalization?
18. When setting up Purchase items for overhead expenses (G&A expenses) what expense GL account do you use, and what sales account GL do you use? Also, what are roll up accounts in the chart of accounts?
19. What is the Debit Balance recovery? How we can recover if we wont have any future transactions from supplier?
20. Which area of accounting are you strongest? Which area of accounting would you like to improve?
21. What is the meaning of TDS? How it is charged?
22. What is interest on Capital?
Accounts receivable interview questions
23. Why do you want to work as an accountant?
24. Why you chose your A Levels for Accounting?
25. What are the qualities that make for a good accountant?
26. Detail your responsibilities in accounts receivable?
27. What are the most important goals of accounts receivable?
28. What software applications have you used for accounts receivable?
29. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the different accounting packages/systems you have used recently in your accountant jobs?
30. Give me examples of the accounting reports you have prepared?
31. Why is Capital amount put in Liabilities and not in Assets?
32. What is the difference between back end collections and front end collections?
33. What are examples of deferred revenue expenditure?
34. What is effective collection?
35. What is the table that is used for aging bucket report, what is the main purpose of this report?
36. What is the Auto Invoice? What are the setup Steps for Auto Invoice?
Cost accounting interview questions
37. What is the difference between Expenses & Expenditure?
38. Tell us about your experience in cost accounting?
39. Describe some of the methods used to allocate support costs?
40. What is charge back?
41. What is the purpose of charge back?
42. Have you implemented or administered a charge back system?
43. Name some components of an effective charge back system?
44. What are fixed costs?
45. What are variable costs?
46. What is marginal cost?
47. Tell me the information about cost sheets?
48. how to make a table for to calculate the prime cost, factory cost, total cost of production and cost of sales?
49. What is meant by cost accounting?
50. why is interest on loan not included in cost sheet?
51. what does the name costing mean and what are the importance of costing?
52. What is BEP? BEP-Break Event Point. It indicates no Loss and no Profit?
53. Tell us about your experience in cost accounting?
54. Describe some of the methods used to allocate support costs?
55. What is charge back?
56. What are fixed costs?
57. What is marginal cost?
58. Explain fixed cost, variable cost and marginal cost?
59. What is Break Even Point? What does it signify?
60. What is the purpose of charge back?
61. What is MIS report and do you prepare it?
Related documents to accounting
• 150 accounting interview questions.
The interview questions above can be used for job positions such as assistant, analyst, administrator, associate, auditor, bookkeeper, clerk, coordinator, controller, consultant, director, executive, intern, manager, officer, rep, specialist, supervisor, staff, support, technician, trainee…
Fields related: budget, billing, business, bank, branch, cost, certified public, church, chief, cash, corporate, cashier, deputy, district, debtors, entry level, executive, expenditure, entertainment, export, forensic, fund, financial, grants, general, government, hospital, hotel, house, internal, inventory, insurance, investment, industrial, junior, lease, logistics, ledger, loan, medical, management, manufacturing, ngo, non-profit, office, operations, oil gas, project, payroll, production, principle, property, public, revenue, real estate, restaurant, retail, staff, senior, sales, tax, warehouse…
You also use the above interview questions for phone interview, group interview, behavioral interview (competency based)…you can save as this html file as pdf file for download purpose.