Accounting director job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Accounting director.
Job purpose of Accounting director (vice president)
To directs and supervises the professional staff for budgetary financial accounting, auxiliary accounting and payroll accounting activities of the school district.
Key duties/responsibilities of Accounting director:
1. Directs and advises consultants and subordinate professional staff concerning needed changes and improvements in financial systems for implementation.
2. Directs the development of administrative guidelines and procedural manuals for various areas of responsibility.
3. Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared.
4. Actively participate in new business planning and related presentations.
5. Prepares required annual performance appraisals and recommends appropriate employment action. Performs related work as required.
6. Develop staff through performance management and consistent feedback.
7. Identify with staff, developmental opportunities and help them to work toward their professional goals.
8. Function as senior client contact, leading strategic and tactical online planning, implementation, negotiation & optimization on online media activities.
9. Analyzes financial software and systems for correct functionality.
10. Manage, mentor & develop staff of media professionals.
11. Provide stimulus for innovative solutions to business and media issues.
12. Responsible for planning, managing and evaluating the performance of subordinate staff in the department.
13. Coordinates with other divisions in areas which affect accounting functions such as data processing and personnel services, purchasing and risk management.
14. Act as both client advocate internally and advocate to external clients.
15. Supervises the preparation of monthly financial reports for the board.
16. Directs the professional staff responsible for paying for supplies, materials, capital outlay,
and services, including payroll for district personnel.
17. Set & manage client expectations and make every effort to consistently exceed them.
18. Directs the functions of financial accounting for all fund account groups, accounts payable, financial reporting, and cash receipts.
19. Supervises the preparation of selected financial reports as required by state and federal agencies.
20. Providing top-notch interactive work in a timely manner.
21. Coordinates and directs the accounting activities of the school district to ensure that the district derives maximum benefit through the judicious management of all district funds.
Job description related
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accounting manager duties
• Accounting manager job description
• Chief accounting officer job description
• Accounting supervisor job description
• Accounting specialist job description
• Accounting coordinator job description
• Accounting consultant job description
• Accounting associate job description
• Accounting assistant manager job description
• Accounting assistant job description
• Accounting clerk job description
Related accounting documents:
• Accounting director job specification
• Accounting KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Accounting cover letters
• All samples of Accounting resumes