Accounting clerk job description
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities of accounting clerk
1. Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
2. Types a variety of documents, reports, and records.
3. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
4. Prints daily accounts payable checks and inserts checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
5. Prepares requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
6. Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
7. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
8. Assists Accounting Department personnel as needed.
9. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
10. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
11. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
12. Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
13. Audit daily sales reports submitted by location management.
14. Discuss report results with location management.
15. Post data to sales journal.
16. Handle customer and employee accounts receivable.
17. Assist with accounts payable, prepare checks.
18. Assist with payroll preparation.
19. Other duties as assigned.
This job description can be used for positions of staff accountant job description, cost accountant job description.
Job description related
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accounting manager duties
• Accounting manager job description
• Chief accounting officer job description
• Accounting supervisor job description
• Accounting specialist job description
• Accounting director job description
• Accounting coordinator job description
• Accounting consultant job description
• Accounting associate job description
• Accounting assistant manager job description
• Accounting assistant job description
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com