Accounting assistant performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Accounting assistant
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Accounting assistant?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Accounting assistant
You can use some tasks of Accounting assistant as follows:
• Reviews and approves purchasing and accounts payable transactions for posting to Banner.
• Responsible for vendor maintenance on Banner Finance System ensuring compliance to data standards.
• Provides training to staff on the Banner Purchasing/Accounts payable modules ensuring system proficiency and compliance to data standards.
• Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
• Assists with the research, testing and implementation of updates to Banner software.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Accounting assistant if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Accounting assistant evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Accounting assistant evaluation
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation