This article include content: Accounting assistant key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Accounting assistant.
To set up Accounting assistant job description, you should ref topics below:
• Accounting assistant KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
I. Key duties/responsibilities of Accounting assistant:
1. Responsible for vendor maintenance on Banner Finance System ensuring compliance to data standards.
2. Assists with the research, testing and implementation of updates to Banner software.
3. Provides training to staff on the Banner Purchasing/Accounts payable modules ensuring system proficiency and compliance to data standards.
4. Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
5. Ensures purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched.
6. Responsible for processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
7. Reviews and approves purchasing and accounts payable transactions for posting to Banner.
8. Provides guidance regarding purchasing and financial standard practices to college personnel and vendors.
9. Provides basic purchasing and accounts payable orientation to new employees.
10. Responsible for ensuring compliance of standard practices.
11. Recommends change to purchasing and other financial policies and practices.
12. Responsible for maintaining the interface between Banner A/R and A/P to ensure data integrity and the timely processing of student refunds.
13. Responsible for managing year-end cut off processes for Accounts Payable.
14. Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of weekly cheque printing.
15. Responsible for cheque stock inventory & safekeeping of same.
16. Liaises with Budget Officer to solve day to day budget issues.
17. Provides reports as required by Finance management team.
18. Other general accounting duties as assigned.
This job description can be used for junior accountant job description, accounting manager assistant job descriptions.
II. Materials related to accounting assistant job description
• Accounting KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
• All samples of Accounting resumes
All accounting job descriptions
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accounting manager duties
• Accounting manager job description
• Chief accounting officer job description
• Accounting supervisor job description
• Accounting specialist job description
• Accounting director job description
• Accounting coordinator job description
• Accounting consultant job description
• Accounting associate job description
• Accounting assistant manager job description
• Accounting clerk job description