Top post: Top 5 account manager job descriptions
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Account manager position.
You also ref top job materials for Account manager as below (at the end of this post):
• Top 14 account job descriptions
• Top 9 skills for account management positions
• Top 12 books for account management
• 70 account interview questions
Top 5 account manager job descriptions – Key duties/responsibilities of Account manager
You can ref some job descriptions for Account manager as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Prepare and maintain scorecard data and develop strategy to enhance the motivation at work;
2. Check and identify accounts that are likely to become a bad debt or “zero balance” account and contact the clients to retain them;
3. Develop relationships with loyal clients; ask for their feedbacks and provide feedbacks to the marketing units for purpose of enhancing the quality of service;
4. Provide assistance in relation to classifying the efficiency level at work, determining sale space and developing the qualification of units;
5. Ensure clients’ demands to be satisfied;
6. Conduct reviews on accounts on regular basis to evaluate clients’ demands and usage of account; determine types of services/products and prices/fees satisfying the clients’ needs as well as the organization’s objectives;
7. Conduct assessments of clients’ credibility and perform billing duties at their requests;
8. Conduct weekly review of promotional activities to enhance the motivation and identify development potential to maximize the profit of the organization and clients’ satisfaction;
9. Receive and answer calls from the clients or client service units in relation to the clients’ requests or questions;
10. Answer the clients’ questions and ensure their problems are resolved; conduct follow-up tasks;
11. Prepare and make report on market analysis, competitor analysis and market trends;
12. Develop and maintain a well-coordinated internal relationship with key decision makers within the organization;
13. Ensure that clients know to use the services and provide assistance if necessary;
14. Manage and provide assistance in managing or maintaining accounts of strategic clients.
Account manager Job description sample 2
1. Prospecting for customers and following up with sales calls
2. Making outbound calls and setting appointments with prospects with the goal of generating sales revenue and building customer loyalty
3. Entering all documentation into computer during calls and submitting orders via client billing systems
4. Establishing rapport with customers and walking them through sales and/or registration processes
5. Meeting or exceeding all sales and performance goals
6. Participating in daily team meetings led by manager
7. Communicating with customers via telephone, email, chat and fax
8. Remaining current and up to date on all new products and initiatives and completing all required
9. Completing all performance reviews, goal translations and sales reviews with managers and incorporating feedback into your sales process
10. Performing other duties as required
Account manager Job description sample 3
1. Working with production to expedite requests from the customer
2. Main point of contact for customer account related inquiries and concerns
3. Balance internal pricing models and industry environment to offer proper pricing for specific opportunities
4. Maintain up to date customer contact information database
5. Confirm purchase order terms and conditions match those of the original quote
6. Interface with engineering for technical assistance for design or specific specification for customer inquiries
7. Quote & Sell standard EMTEQ products to customer required applications
8. Maintain existing customer relationships by defining opportunities and introducing additional products and services
9. May manage or provide Program Manager with support on the cost, scope and timing of small projects
10. Manages internal resources
Account manager Job description sample 4
1. Responsible for all client communications and conflict resolution.
2. Meeting and growing revenue goals for assigned accounts.
3. Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the VP of management companies of any problems that may arise.
4. Will be responsible for pricing integrity and any contractual agreements.
5. Plans sales and business development opportunities, including supporting local and regional sales.
6. Will submit quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts.
7. Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, Communicates the Management companies goals and represent the client”s interests to the team.
8. Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
9. Understanding SGS capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the management companies.
10. Reports to the VP of corporate management companies, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
11. Maintain corporate profiles, as needed.
Account manager Job description sample 5
1. Carrying a revenue quota to meet or exceed sales targets within assigned accounts
2. Interacting strongly with customers at the Senior Management level with support on forming a relationship with C level contacts
3. Developing and maintaining account strategies to drive adoption of Citrix products and services
4. Establishing and leading teams of internal and external resources to identify, pursue, and close specific opportunities
5. Establishing and maintaining close relationships with sales teams as well as with external partners
6. Understanding and documenting customers’ business and IT strategies, priorities, and goals, and driving prompt resolution of customer issues to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
7. Understanding and navigating account procurement practices to negotiate licensing contracts
8. Serving as the primary client contact for non-technical or support issues requiring escalation
Tips to write Account manager job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Account manager daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Account manager KPIs, Account manager KRAs, Account manager job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Account manager qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Account manager ) to determine job criteria for Account manager position. Account manager’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Account manager qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
2. Minimum 3 years of Key Account Management experience
3. Minimum 10 years of combined experience in Sales, Marketing and / or Business Development
4. Previous experience calling on strategic OEM key accounts, with a proven track record of developing new business and overall partnership.
5. Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels, with ability to influence complex organizational structures.
6. Creative problem solving and strong analytical skills.
7. Experience in complex business negotiations and contract/supply agreement development.
8. Balanced thinking and action long term strategic planning and short term execution.
9. Sales/marketing/technical team leadership.
10. Pricing management and/or financial background.
11. Experience working outside of the United States in a matrix environment
12. MBA degree.
Account manager career advice
Below are top useful guides for Account manager career:
• Top 9 skills for account management positions
• Top 12 books for account management management
• Top 14 account job descriptions
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Account manager job search tips
Below are top materials for Account manager job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 70 account management interview questions
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Account manager performance appraisal
• Accounting management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Account manager performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Account management KRAs/scorecard
Account manager wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Account manager wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: advertising, affiliate, aflac, airline, auto, automotive, b2b, bank, banquet, beauty, branch, business, car, commercial, country, design, digital media, direct marketing, distribution, ecommerce, enterprise, event, export, fashion, field, financial, freight, group, healthcare, hospitality, hotel, ICT, insurance, internal sales, internet, it, logistics, marketing, media, mortgage, new car, online sales, outside sales, parts, patient, pharmaceutical, project, retail, sales, services, software, technical, territory, web, regional account administrator, area account administrator, hotel, retail, inside, catering, district account administrator, international account administrator, senior account administrator, corporate account administrator, general account administrator…
If you need more free Account manager job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.