Account assistant job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Account assistant.
I. Sample functions of Account assistant
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
2. To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Verify calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system in an accurate manner.
4. To maintain and reconcile the direct D]debit mandates.
5. Prepare cheques for payment.
6. To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
7. To ensure that all post is sent daily.
Related documents to account assistant
• 14 Account job descriptions samples.
• All samples of Account resumes.
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/