Transportation job descriptions
1. Job description types of Transportation department
• Transportation specialist
• Transportation dispatcher
• Transportation planner
• Transportation manager
• Transportation coordinator
• Transportation assistant
• Transportation broker
• Transportation Sales Representative
• Transportation analyst
2. Basic functions of Transportation department
• Develop and Submit Market Reports, which should include miles logged, service, and incidents.
• Develop, recommend, and implement a Transportation Communication System.
• Develop and maintain Log Books on all Circus Vehicles.
• Maintain Service Records on all Circus Vehicles.
• Interface with the Home Office to ensure that the Site and Home Office are kept updated with Fleet Maintenance records weekly and immediately after any major service or repair.
• Develop a Driver Maintenance Training Program.
• Determine immediate, regular, and post-tour service needs of all vehicles, including semi-tractors, semi-trailers, pick-up trucks, vans, bunkhouses, and travel trailers.
• Develop schedules for repairs and regular maintenance.
3. Related Transportation documents:
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/