360 degree performance appraisal
1. Definition of 360 degree performance appraisal
In the formatted from of 360-degree performance appraisals, the performance of an employee will be assessed based on ideas of many other different people, for example customers, suppliers, peers and direct reports. If the assessed is a manager, his/her staff will be often asked for feedback on how that manager is doing his task. In case of using 360-degree performance appraisal, it is vital that the process be implemented by the manager of Human Resources Department so that the subordinate reviewers (or staff) are made sure that all their assessments on performance are kept anonymous.
2. What’s 360 degree measures?
• 360 degree measures manners and capacities.
• 360 degree improves such skills as listening, planning and goal-setting.
• 360 degree concentrates on subjective areas, for example efficiencies of teamwork, character, and leadership.
• 360 degree supplies on the way others think about a specific staff.
3. Advantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Offer a more comprehensive view towards the performance of employees.
• Improve credibility of performance appraisal.
• Such colleague’s feedback will help strengthen self-development.
• Increases responsibilities of employees to their customers.
• The mix of ideas can give a more accurate assessment.
• Opinions gathered from lots of staff are sure to be more persuasive.
• Not only manager should make assessments on its staff performance but other colleagues should do, too.
• People who undervalue themselves are often motivated by feedback from others.
• If more staff takes part in the process of performance appraisal, the organizational culture of the company will become more honest.
4. Disadvantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Taking a lot of time, and being complex in administration
• Extension of exchange feedback can cause troubles and tensions to several staff.
• There is requirement for training and important effort in order to achieve efficient working.
• It will be very hard to figure out the results.
• Feedback can be useless if it is not carefully and smoothly dealt.
• Can impose an environment of suspicion if the information is not openly and honestly managed.
5. Who should conduct 360 degree performance appraisal?
• Managers (i.e. superior).
• Team members.
• Suppliers/ vendors.
• Anyone who comes into contact with the employee and can provide valuable insights and information.
6. 360 degree appraisal has four components:
• Self appraisal
• Subordinate’s appraisal
• Peer appraisal.
• Superior’s appraisal
7. Related 360 degree performance appraisal
VI. Best performance appraisal resources
1. Phrases For Performance Appraisals. Benefits of this ebook include: A collection of hundreds of ready-to-use impactful appraisal comments and phrases; Phrases to highlight your key strengths and achievements; Phrases to downplay your weaknesses to soften the impact on your overall performance; A comprehensive list of phrases covering most of the categories of KPIs used by many companies; Guidebook provided in Microsoft Word softcopy for your easy copy, paste and modify in your appraisal form; Guidebook provided in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet so that you can use it also for your employees’ appraisals and easy moderation! etc
2. Employee Performance Appraisals Forms. Benefits of this ebook include: Make your “fair” help good & make your “good” help great; Improve efficiency; Save hours upon hours of time; Get what you want out of every hourly dollar you pay your employees! Even your best employees need to know they are appreciated; Impress your boss or, if you are the boss, motivate your staff by giving them the feedback they NEED to be a better employee etc
3. Employee Performance Review: Tips, Templates & Tactics. Contents of this ebook include: Probation policies and templates, performance review tips, performance appraisal tips; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tips performance review policies and templates; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tips learning & development policies and templates; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tipspoor work performance policies and templates etc
4. Managers Guide to Performance. Contents of this ebook: How to deal with an employee who displays negative behavior….help them deal with their own issues and change their behavior; How to coach an employee to higher performance….employees want your leadership and will follow a strong manager; How to be clear about what you expect from them….an employee always wants to know how to best perform; How to give your employees the opportunities to perform……if they can’t or won’t, then how to let them go.